- A stone built cottage
- Located in this charming and popular village
- Stone fireplace
- Attractive offset cottage garden
- Three bedrooms
- Re-fitted modern shower room
- On street parking
Hall, inner hall, small sitting room with stone fireplace, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/bedroom three, ground floor second bedroom, re-fitted modern shower room, first floor main bedroom, attractive offset cottage garden a few yards from the property, on street parking.
£210,000 FREEHOLDApproximate distances
Banbury 8 miles
Shipston-on-Stour 9 miles
Chipping Norton 8 miles
M40 (Junction 11) 5 miles
Oxford 30 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 19 mins
From Banbury proceed in a westerly direction toward Shipston-on-Stour (B4036). Continue for approximately 7 miles travelling through the villages of Broughton, Tadmarton and Swalcliffe. Turn left where signposted to Sibford Ferris and follow the road into the village. The property will be found having passed the shop on the right hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
SIBFORD FERRIS AND SIBFORD GOWER are linked villages which lie approximately seven miles from Banbury, eight miles from Shipston on Stour and seven miles from Chipping Norton. They are very popular and amenities include a primary school, the Quaker primary and secondary school, a shop, church, village hall and one public house. The villages are surrounded by delightful undulating countryside with golf courses at Rye Hill, Brailes and Tadmarton Heath, these all being within easy reach.
OLD MALT HOUSE is a stone built cottage in the heart of the village. The accommodation is primarily on the ground floor with the main bedroom on the first floor. It is an individual property which we understand was originally a single storey dwelling and the loft has been converted subsequently. There is a degree of flexibility with the accommodation which includes a sitting room an two further ground floor rooms which can be used as bedrooms or reception rooms if required. This is in addition to the kitchen/breakfast room and modern re-fitted shower room. There is a double main bedroom on the first floor. There is a pretty cottage garden which is offset and is a few yards from the cottage.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A stone cottage in the heart of this charming village.
* Entrance hall leading to a larger inner hall with stairs to first floor and door to built-in airing cupboard.
* A relatively small sitting room with stone open grate fireplace, windows to front and side, beam.
* Kitchen/breakfast room with single drainer sink, electric cooker point, space for fridge and freezer, plumbing for washing machine, eye level cupboards, two windows to front and a further window to the side.
* Dining room/bedroom three with window to rear.
* Second bedroom with window to rear.
* Modern re-fitted shower room with a white suite comprising fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed wash hand basin wit =h cupboards under, WC, window, heated towel rail.
* First floor main bedroom which is a double and has velux windows to front and rear, door to deep built-in wardrobe.
* A pretty cottage garden offset from the dwelling located a few yards away from the courtyard comprising a lawn with borders, various sheds and garden store.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. Heating is by way of storage heating and partial solid fuel central heating via a back burner to the fire in the sitting room.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
"Thank you so much for all the efforts made on our behalf in the sale of Lower Barn, Shotteswell. We appreciate very much the work you put in to get things moving. We were extremely satisfied with every part of our sale and once again Anker & Partners have given us a first class service. The purchase of Lower Barn was through your firm and you have justified our coming back to you for our sale. Many thanks to you and all the team. "