Merisham Court, Banbury
A SPACIOUS SECOND FLOOR TWO BEDROOM RETIREMENT APARTMENT WHICH IS WELL PRESENTED AND IN AN EXCEPTIONALLY CONVENIENT LOCATION WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE TOWN CENTRE.
Communal hall, lift, large private hall with space for furniture, extensive built-in storage, large double aspect well lit sitting room with bay window, kitchen with integrated appliances, two double bedroom, well equipped shower room, communal facilities including residents lounge and kitchenette, laundry, guest room, gardens and car parking.
Banbury town centre 0.2 Miles
Banbury railway station 0.75 miles
Horton Hospital 1 mile
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1.5 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail 17 mins
From Banbury Cross proceed via Horse Fair into North Bar and continue straight on at the traffic lights into Southam Road (A423). After a short distance turn right into School Lane and take the first turning right where signposted to Merisham Court. Follow the sign to the parking area on the right and Merisham Court will be found on the right.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham New Street (50 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
26 Merisham Court is an exceptionally spacious second floor two bedroom retirement apartment in good order and very conveniently located close to the town centre. The accommodation is larger than average for a property of this type and includes a hall with space for furniture and built-in storage. The main reception room is well lit with two windows one of which is a bay. There is a well equipped kitchen and two double bedrooms one of which has built-in wardrobes and the other is generously proportioned. The shower room has been re-fitted with a large fully tiled double shower cubicle. There is an excellent range of communal facilities including residents lounge which is well used and has direct access to a kitchenette and communal gardens. In addition there is a laundry and a car park.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A relatively rare opportunity to acquire a second floor two bedroom apartment in this conveniently located block within easy walking distance of the town centre.
* Well presented and spacious accommodation.
* Very well equipped with modern fittings.
* A large hall with built-in storage/airing cupboard and space for furniture.
* A much larger than average light and airy sitting room with bay window and fitted coal effect electric fire.
* Kitchen with a range of base and eye level wood effect units with brushed aluminium handles incorporating a built-in oven, separate ceramic hob with hood over, integrated fridge and freezer, single drainer sink, work surfaces and window.
* The main bedroom is a large double room with window to side, double built-in wardrobe with folding mirrored doors and window to side.
* Second bedroom is also a good double room with window to the side.
* The bathroom has been re-fitted as a shower room with a large fully tiled double shower cubicle with sliding door, grab handles and fitted seat if required. There is a separate original smaller fully tiled shower cubicle, semi recessed wash hand basin with cupboard under, WC and extractor.
* Communal facilities include the entrance lobby, hall, residents sitting room with direct access to kitchenette and landscaped gardens, laundry, guest room with en-suite and parking area.
* House manager and emergency assistance pull cords.
The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced on 1st January 2009.
Ground rent £495 per annum. Service charge £3172.46 per annum.
Please note that an age restriction applies whereby one occupier must be at least 60 years old and any other occupier/owner must be at least 55 years old.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey and Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.