Guardian Court, Banbury
A WELL PRESENTED GROUND FLOOR TWO BEDROOMED APARTMENT OCCUPYING A CHOICE POSITION WITH PRIVATE PATIO AREA LEADING TO COMMUNAL GARDENS IN THIS MOST POPULAR AND FAVOURED DEVELOPMENT WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE TOWN CENTRE.
Communal hall, lift, private hall, sitting room, kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom, communal lounge, laundry, guest suite, communal gardens and car park.
Banbury town centre 0.75 miles
Banbury railway station 0.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1.5 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stratford upon Avon 20 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
From Banbury town centre proceed in an Easterly direction along Bridge Street into the Middleton Road. Turn right before the mini roundabout into Duke Street bear left and follow the road into Guardian Court.
BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
16 GUARDIAN COURT is a ground floor two bedroomed retirement apartment in a very friendly and popular block on the Eastern side of town within walking distance of the town centre, railway station and local shops and amenities. It is occupying a choice position within the block as it has a private patio area leading onto the beautiful communal gardens. These apartments surrounding the communal gardens are highly sought after and offer pleasant living accommodation. The property offers good sized living space and potential to re-configure walls within to create larger lounge/dining area. Within Guardian Court the communal facilities include a lift, large well used communal lounge and kitchenette, laundry, lovely well tended gardens to the rear and parking to the front.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A well proportioned two bedroomed ground floor retirement apartment.
* Located in a popular block within walking distance of the town centre and railway station.
* Occupying a good position enjoying an outlook over the communal gardens.
* Hall with deep built-in shelved storage cupboard.
* Sitting room with double glazed door leading to communal garden area.
* Good sized kitchen with a range of base and eye level units, a single drainer sink, space for cooker, tiled splashback areas, space for freezer and laminate flooring.
* The sitting room comprises a a double glazed patio door leading to the patio, electric fireplace, TV point and a door leading to the kitchen.
* Bedroom one has wall to wall wardrobes and overlooks the garden area.
* The second bedroom is a good size with electric storage heater and again overlooks the garden area.
* Guardian Court has an excellent range of communal facilities including lift, very well used communal lounge and kitchenette, laundry, very well tended and attractive gardens to the rear and communal parking to the front which is accessible on a first come first served basis.
* The property is held on a 99 year lease which commenced in 1990. It is understood that the current service charge is £150.80 per month.
All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. The heating is by way of electric night storage.
An age restriction applies to owners/occupiers of Guardian Court flats who must be at least 60 years of age.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's note II
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.