Main Street, Balscote
- Former Post Office
- Picturesque village
- Three bedrooms
- Two reception rooms
A VERY ATTRACTIVE DETACHED BRICK COTTAGE IN A PLEASANT POSITION WITHIN THIS HIGHLY REGARDED AND PICTURESQUE VILLAGE.
Entrance hall, cloakroom/utility room, kitchen/dining room, sitting room, study, three bedrooms, bathroom, store, garden of easily managed size, partial double glazing, central heating, garage and parking.
GUIDE PRICE £405,000 FREEHOLD
Banbury 6 miles
Stratford upon Avon 15 miles
Oxford 27 miles
M40 motorway (J11) 5 miles
M40 motorway (J12) 6 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
From Banbury take the main Stratford road (A422). Travel through the villages of Drayton and Wroxton and continue beyond Wroxton for approximately 1½ miles until the left hand sign for Balscote is reached. Turn left and proceed into the village passing the green on your left and continuing up the hill until the T-junction at The Butchers Arms public house is reached. Turn right here, pass the church on your right and continue until the post box and village noticeboard is seen on your right. The Old Post Office lies immediately opposite and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
BALSCOTE is a delightful village with a pretty village green. It is made up principally of period cottages and houses and has a pub and a fine Norman church. All shopping requirements are well catered for in the easily accessible towns of Banbury and Stratford. Primary schooling of high repute is available in the nearby village of Shenington, North Newington and Hornton. Secondary school pupils attend Bloxham Warriner and a school bus service operates.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A detached brick and slate cottage which as the name implies was formerly the village Post Office.
* Approximately 30 years ago the property was virtually re-built.
* Combining a good degree of charm with modern day fixtures and fittings.
* Providing nicely proportioned rooms.
* Entrance hall leading to an inner hall area.
* Ground floor cloakroom/utility room having a single drainer sink unit, WC, plumbing for automatic washing machine and a base unit having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers.
* A good sized kitchen/dining room with a fitted oil fired rayburn. One and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap. The kitchen area is fitted with oak units comprising base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, fitted electric fan oven and built-in microwave, quarry tiled floor, plenty of space for a good sized dining table.
* Attractive sitting room with large inglenook fireplace having a fitted multi fuel burning stove with canopy and a flag hearth, double glazed patio doors to garden, stairs rising to first floor.
* There is a study off the inner hallway.
* Landing with a trap to the roof space and a built-in cupboard.
* Three bedrooms all of which have good sized built-in wardrobes.
* Bathroom fitted in white with chrome fixtures and fittings. Bath with electric shower unit over, vanity wash basin, WC, wall mounted fan heater, built-in airing cupboard having hot water cylinder fitted with electric immersion heater.
* Beamed ceilings.
* The property can be approached off the village street via some stone steps. There is vehicular access over a shared gravelled driveway leading off Mill Lane/Alkerton Road.
* There is a garden area of convenient size which is located predominantly to the front and side and this comprises a lawn, flagstone pathway, flower and shrub beds, and a patio area. Outside lighting. Outside tap. Wisteria to front elevation.
* Integral to the gable end of the cottage is a built-in store.
* Large garage constructed of insulated timber which has double doors, light and power within.
* Parking for approx. 4 motor cars.
* A greenhouse is included in the sale.
* Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. The oil fired boiler for domestic hot water and central heating is situated in the utility/cloakroom. The oil fired rayburn heats one radiator if required. Secondary double glazing.
Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation
A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.